Thesaurasaurus

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Holy crapping week!

This is one of those weeks that I love, where it's so incredibly busy that I can feel things actually progressing and I don't have time to sit around and have massive amounts of psychotic coursing anxiety because I don't have anything to do. I need more weeks and weekends like this.

An overview.

Starting at week's beginning, which for me is Tuesday. Worked in the morning, had a trade with another MT, went to meet an enigmatic mystery gentleman for drinks. Went well. Hm.

Wednesday (yesterday). Did 9 (count 'em) NINE massages. For the past two weeks I've done double duty on Wednesdays because someone at the Ravenswood office is taking my Wednesday evening shift but she can't start til next week. But I didn't want to keep Chiro #2 waiting, so I told him I could start at the beginning of July. Fortunately yesterday was the last time I had to do that, and in retrospect I impressed myself. I used to, when I was a kid, constantly look back at something I'd just done and ask myself, "If I had to start right now and consciously do that again in the exact same way, with the exact same effort expenditure, would I choose to?" and the answer was usually crushing exhaustion met with disbelief at whatever it was I'd just done. That's how I feel after doing 9 hours of massage. Also I felt proud of myself because three weeks ago I never could have puled that off.

Today, Thursday, is pretty much a day off. My very good friend J is coming to visit for the weekend and I'm off in a bit to pick him up from Midway. I haven't seen him since we were 14 or 15 and still living in Dallas. We've known each other since kindergarten and I can't wait to see him and show him Chicago. Good times in store.

Then Monday is the big move. Artists with a truck show up at 9am and we should get on the road shortly thereafter. I am so delighted with the new place, with trying my hand at living alone, and with all the new things in store.

Probably won't write much for the next little bit as I'll have very full hands with all this. But never fear -- I'll be back in the nextish!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home