Thesaurasaurus

Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Texan Summer Tips

Hiyas,

This website (as far as I know) wasn't written by a Texan, but it might have been written by my mother. While I do have air-conditioning (central in my soon-to-be old house and a window unit in my new house) it's always good to come up with some strategies for living without it. That being said, I usually turn the thing on while I sleep because it's physiologically harder for humans to relax when their body temperature rises above a certain level. This is why our blood pressure and body temp decrease when we lie still for a while (ie. a lot of my patients on the massage table frequently request a blanket after 10-15 minutes, even when they were perfectly comfortable before).

Anyway, here's a good list of tips I found in my blog-reading. Enjoy!

kat

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home