Thesaurasaurus

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Huzzah!

The Great Move of Aught Eight is complete! I'm now officially a resident of Ravenswood, which is just east and a little bit south of where I lived before in Lincoln Square (for you non-Chicagoites). The move went smoothly, thanks to my lovely pals at Starving Artist Movers (bravo!) and a day of good weather. I even managed to sell my bed the night before my move to a guy named Vladimir who came by and picked it up. Huzzah!

The new place is coming together nicely. I did end up converting my largest closet into a sleeping/dressing/boudoir sort of space, and I think that's going to work out well 90% of the time. For the remaining 10% of the time I intend to put a small futon in the living room that can fold out to a full-size bed. Someday I will have a camera, and someday I will post pictures, because I feel very accomplished that I've constructed a 3'x8' sleeping area where before there was none.

And the new neighborhood is awesome. For those of you that don't know, I'm a little bit in love with Glenn's Diner. I guess I would say Glenn's and I have been on a few dates and it looks really promising. It's at the end of my block and they have amazing breakfast as well as fresh seafood every day. It's casual, affordable, the people who work there are nice, and the food is damn good! I haven't acheived regular status yet, but that's because I've only lived on the block for 2 days. That day is coming.

More to come! Huzzah!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Annie said...

Huzzah indeed! I have a camera. We can totally document your awesomeness.

12:55 PM  
Blogger thesaurasaurus said...

Yippee!

9:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home